Respite Host Home Operator
Respite Host Home Operator
Service Delivery · Edmonton, Alberta
Who We Are
CarePros is a leading disability and children’s services agency with 130+ team members. CarePros not only provides services to children and youth living with a range of complex medical and behaviour diagnoses, but also specializes in supporting the transition of youth with disabilities into adulthood.
CarePros is a highly awarded organization with accolades including the 2020 Alberta Business Award of Distinction for Diversity, the 2020 Alberta Business Award of Distinction for Young Entrepreneur, as well as achieving Number 13 on the Canadian Business Startup List for 2020. With a combined 50+ years of management experience, CarePros has successfully grown its capacity and service offerings to provide 400,000+ hours of care across 300+ families over the last several years.
We are currently looking to hire a Respite Host Home Operator in Edmonton, AB. This opportunity will be a Contractor position and we currently have needs for full-time, part-time, weekend, and casual hours. You’ll get to work with a growing organization where you will gain valuable experience in the field of home care!
The Respite Host Home Operator will provide this support by hosting clients in their own home. Personal support may include assistance with activities of daily living, housecleaning, laundry, meal preparation, transportation, companionship, medical reminders, recreational activities, personal hygiene, and respite.
CarePros providers are responsible for ensuring that support is delivered in a caring and respectful manner, in accordance with CarePros policies and industry standards.
Who You Are
As a Respite Host Home Operator, you possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of mental wellness practices and the processes and procedures involved in providing effective home care.
- Knowledge of CPR and First Aid techniques needed to assess and treat injuries.
- Proficiency in the English language, with the ability to comprehend instructions and communicate in a clear and logical manner.
- Ability to actively listen, identify needs, and provide solutions to the client.
- Recognize and understand emotions and handle situations with empathy.
- Build and maintain cooperative and constructive relationships.
Other qualifications include:
- Must have a minimum 5 years’ experience providing direct care to individuals with developmental disabilities and/or individuals with mental health concerns.
- You have experience working with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Must have experience working with children with high behavioural needs
- Must have a working knowledge of de-escalation techniques in relation to Non-Violent Crisis Intervention.
- You are certified in First Aid and certified as a CPR Level C.
- You have a valid and current Class 5 Drivers License and proper vehicle insurance coverage. You also can provide a clear driver’s abstract.
- An adequate level of home insurance is required.
- You are financially stable, over the age of 21 years of age, and legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Must not have any other children/youth living in home and have no other clients from CarePros or other agencies or international students living at home.
- Must be able to support the individual on a full-time basis or at least one member of a couple cannot work outside the home.
- Must be able to live with the individual providing them with a bedroom that is safe, comfortable and suitably furnished.
- All persons 18 years and older living in the home - must provide a clear Enhanced Police Information Check that includes a Vulnerable Sector search as well as a Child Intervention Record Check (current, within the last 6 months,).
- You have the physical wellness and mental health awareness to handle daily exercise routine and other requirements as prescribed by the care plan and a high capacity for managing stressful situations.
What Do Our Clients Value?
We are looking to match our clients to Care Providers with unique but essential traits.
- Punctuality – Arriving on time for all client visits while checking out on time to stay on schedule.
- Compassion – Demonstrate to your client that they are valued and cared for by listening to their thoughts and feelings.
- English Fluency – Communication is a key part of our caregiving model. English fluency is mandatory.
- Diversity – Do you speak another language other than English? We believe that language and culture are two critical criteria in our caregiver-client matching model that allows our caregivers to deliver superior care.
- Continuous Improvement – The culture at Entrust is to continually find ways to deliver better care to our clients tomorrow than we did today. Are you up for the challenge?
What We Offer
The best care providers deserve the utmost respect, the best compensation plan, and a career path that you can pursue. As a valued employee or contractor at CarePros, you’ll receive the following:
- Access to the best technology - Our industry-leading web portal will help you keep track of your pay and schedule, allowing you to deliver the best possible care.
- Building relationships - We take care of connecting you with clients throughout the CarePros network.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.