Strategy, People & Culture · Edmonton, Alberta
Setting a new industry standard for caregivers!
Who We Are
CarePros is a leading disability and children’s services agency with 160+ team members. CarePros not only provides services to children and youth living with a range of complex medical and behaviour diagnoses, but also specializes in supporting the transition of youth with disabilities into adulthood.
Our Organization is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's fastest growing companies and a champion of diversity. CarePros was the recipient of the 2020 Alberta Business Award of Distinction for Diversity and the 2020 Alberta Business Award of Distinction for Young Entrepreneur. We are also proud to announce that we placed #13 on the Canadian Business Growth List of Canada's Fasting-Growing Companies in 2020, #3 in Alberta, and #1 in Edmonton. With a combined 50+ years of management experience, CarePros has successfully grown its capacity and service offerings to provide 400,000+ hours of care across 300+ families over the last several years.
CarePros strives to hire the best and our goal is to build a workplace culture where our people care for the families we support, listen with compassion and humility, take accountability, champion diversity and collaboration, and drive positive change in the communities we serve. We want great people working together as a team to drive our success and realize our mission of being a champion for the special needs of children and their families.
We are currently looking to hire a Scheduling Coordinator in Edmonton, AB. This opportunity will be a full-time permanent position. You’ll get to work with a growing organization where you will gain valuable experience in the field of home care!
Based in Edmonton and reporting directly to the scheduling supervisor from our People & Culture team, the Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for managing the master staff schedule to ensure the effective utilization of the workforce. The Scheduling Coordinator will ultimately be responsible for ensuring alignment between client demands and available workforce capacity.
As a Scheduling Coordinator, you will primarily:
- Continuously communicate with relevant stakeholders (client intake department, community relations, service delivery) to confirm client resource needs and ensure demands are accurately captured on the master schedule.
- Ensure workforce requirements are clearly communicated to human resources so that client demands can be met in a timely manner.
- Develop, maintain, and modify the master schedule to optimize the efficiency of front-line staff and ensure client requirements are met.
- Be the main point of contact for front-line staff regarding their schedules
- Use scheduling software effectively to fulfill client's shifts
- Communicate effectively with care providers regarding shifts
- Resolve or escalate scheduling concerns as needed
- Other tasks as needed
You have at least three (3) years of scheduling experience in a rapidly changing and growing organization. Scheduling experience in the healthcare or home care industry is preferred. You have completed a bachelor’s degree in Operations Management or a related discipline (certificate in Office Administration may also be considered).
You enjoy collaboration with other teams and are able to communicate clearly in a way that promotes alignment across all your stakeholder groups. You are able to adapt to a continuously changing work environment and have a high degree of initiative to take charge in the face of pressure. You are also a problem solver, always looking to challenge the status quo to find improvements in efficiency.
What We Offer
As a valued employee at CarePros, you’ll receive the following:
- Performance-Based Pay Increases - If you are a great contributor, you deserve to be rewarded for it. CarePros rewards high performance with increased pay and bonuses.
- A flexible schedule that fits you – we believe in work-life balance and healthy and well-rested employees.
- A collaborative work environment - We believe in a collaborative environment where effective teams produce great results.
- Career Development – Continuing education and development is something we take seriously. We want to make sure you have the opportunity to maximize your potential.