Part-time, Days (7 AM - 3 PM & 4 PM - 8 PM, 39 hours biweekly)
Seasons Retirement Communities, Wetaskiwin
The Company. Seasons Retirement Communities is a growing senior housing company that believes Happy Team Members = Happy Residents. We want our team members to have work-life balance, feel supported on the job and love what they do. We expect a lot from our team members because we believe our residents deserve the very best. If you are prepared to go above and beyond to make a difference, Seasons is the workplace for you.
We hire individuals who are enthusiastic about working with seniors. At Seasons, our team members make a difference in our residents' lives through meaningful connections and creating 'Wow Moments' that matter. We support, encourage and celebrate these efforts because they have a positive impact on residents and team members alike. Simply put, it feels great to make a positive difference in the life of a senior.
Note during COVID-19: Make a difference in the life of a senior when they need you the most.
Our greatest priority is the health and safety of our team members and residents. At the outset of the COVID-19 situation in Canada, Seasons Retirement Communities implemented heightened precautionary protocols in all of our homes. We continue to follow the advice of provincial and federal governments, our sector regulators and local Public Health agencies.
While the position outlined below is our company’s standard description of the role, we understand that these are unprecedented times. Job responsibilities are being reviewed and adjusted accordingly to ensure the wellbeing of the successful candidate.
The Position. We’re looking for a Dining Server. Working at the direction of Dining Services Manager, the Dining Server is responsible for serving meals while ensuring an exceptional dining experience to residents and guests.
- We offer complete training to right fit candidates
- Group discounts on home & auto insurance
- Corporate discounts for Goodlife Fitness memberships
- Ensuring resident satisfaction with meal service
- Preparing food for serving to the resident
- Setting stripping tables and serving food/beverages in accordance with established policies and procedures and all applicable regulations
- Unpacking and storing supplies; maintaining work and storage areas in a clean, safe sanitary manner
- Washing, cleaning and sorting dishes, cutlery, fixtures and equipment used for food preparations and service
- Operating and cleaning food equipment, furniture and maintaining dining area
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications or Skills Required:
- Must be able to read and communicate effectively
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors
- Effective interpersonal relationship and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints
- Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness
- Must be able to operate related equipment
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations
- Must have/obtain valid Food Safety Certificate
Seasons Wetaskiwin is based in Wetaskiwin, Alberta
About Seasons Wetaskiwin:
Nestled in one of the oldest cities in Alberta, Seasons Wetaskiwin is a retirement home that is a short drive to Wetaskiwin Hospital and Care Centre, shopping and community amenities. With its warm, welcoming atmosphere, we offer residents a carefree lifestyle and the peace of mind that comes from knowing someone is always available when needed.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive wages
- Employee rewards and referral programs
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Opportunities for on-the-job training
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Seasons Retirement Communities (“Seasons“) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with Season’s Accessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Season’s hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.