Casual, Part-time and Full-time roles available
Seasons Wetaskiwin Retirement Community
5430-37A Avenue, Wetaskiwin, AB, T9A 3A8
If you are laid off or looking for part-time/casual work, we would love to hear from you! We are currently accepting resumes for temporary, part-time and full-time roles in all departments including housekeeping, food and dining services, care services and nursing.
The screening process will involve telephone interviews, and we are looking to fill these roles as soon as possible. Employment at Seasons may help financially during these uncertain times and will give you the opportunity to be part of a dynamic team of individuals, dedicated to our residents!
Note during COVID-19: Make a difference in the life of a senior when they need you the most.
Our greatest priority is the health and safety of our team members and residents. At the outset of the COVID-19 situation in Canada, Seasons Retirement Communities implemented heightened precautionary protocols in all of our homes. We continue to follow the advice of provincial and federal governments, our sector regulators and local Public Health agencies.
While the position outlined below is our company’s standard description of the role, we understand that these are unprecedented times. Job responsibilities are being reviewed and adjusted accordingly to ensure the wellbeing of the successful candidate.
The Position. We’re looking for a Service Team Member. Reporting to the General Manager, this role is responsible for providing light cleaning services, customer service, light care duties and companionship in accordance to the policies and procedures of Seasons Retirement Communities.
- We offer complete training to right fit candidates.
- Group discounts on home & auto insurance
Qualifications or Skills Required:
- Must be able to read and communicate effectively
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints
- Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness
- Empathy for and understanding of the needs of the elderly and/or disabled
- Ability to relate to all levels of staff, the residents and their families, and other professionals with a high degree of patience and tolerance
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with residents, service team members and guests.
- Provides services and interacts with residents and resident family members in a professional and timely manner
- Provide support to the General Manager for public relations, service team member relations and resident care aspects of the operation of the community
- Participates as a member of the Seasons team and provides support to the other members of the resident and guest services teams
- Maintains work and storage areas in a clean, safe and sanitary manner
- Is aware of employee’s and supervisor’s responsibilities and follows all health and safety policies and procedures, work standards and safety regulations
- Projects the appropriate image and focus on customer service in their dealings with residents, families and guests
- Operates and cleans equipment, furniture and cleans and maintains all areas related to residents as per work routines
- All other duties as assigned or consistent with work routines and job descriptions
In addition, the successful candidate will be required to project the appropriate image and focus on customer services in their dealings with residents, families and guests.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Seasons Retirement Communities (“Seasons“) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with Season’s Accessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Season’s hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.