Service Delivery · Edmonton, Alberta
Department Service Delivery
Employment Type Contractor
Minimum Experience Mid-level
Compensation $50-$60 per hour
Setting a new industry standard for caregivers!
Who We Are:
CarePros is a rapidly growing home care agency based in Edmonton, AB. At CarePros, we are passionate about enhancing the quality of life for our client’s and their loved ones. We deliver the highest level of care by leveraging leading edge technologies, cultural competency, and compassion from the best caregivers in industry. To maintain our place as an industry leader, we believe in continuously adapting our delivery model by implementing evidence-based practices from newly published research into training programs.
Quality home care is a fundamental human need; it gives us peace of mind that in the event of illness or tragedy, our loved ones will be taken care of. CarePros strives to hire the best and we value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusivity, and collaboration. What makes CarePros special is how much we encourage independent decision making, sharing of information, and respect candid discussion. We want great people working together as a team and that makes us fun, flexible, creative, collaborative, and successful.
We are currently looking to hire a Speech-Language Pathologist in Edmonton, Alberta. This position will be a contract position working 1-2 times per week.
As the Speech-Language Pathologist, you will:
- Work with infants, children, and their families in relation to Speech-Language Pathology
- Assess and manage feeding and swallowing issues with clients
- Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with all members of the healthcare team
- Effectively communicate with other healthcare professionals
- Be committed to a family-centered care philosophy
- Participate in quality initiatives and program development
- Provide preventions, health promotion, identification, assessment, intervention, and case management
- Participate in planning, coordinating, and delivery of rehabilitation services in collaboration with other team members
- Use your clinical expertise to inform ongoing quality improvement, service integration, and program development.
Who You Are:
As a Speech-Language Pathologist, you possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Completion of master's degree in Speech Language Pathology. Active or eligible registration and practice permit with the Alberta College of Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologists (ACSLPA).
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Valid BCLS-HCP certification. Experience with Pediatric dysphagia including conducting video fluoroscopic swallowing studies.
- Excellent communication, conflict resolution, team building, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Adaptability and flexibility in a hectic work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize caseloads, and work both independently and on a multidisciplinary team.
Other qualifications include:
- You are certified in First Aid and certified as a CPR Level C.
- You have a valid and current Class 5 Drivers License and proper vehicle insurance coverage.
- You have passed a criminal record check and vulnerable sector check.
- You have the physical wellness and mental health awareness to handle daily exercise routine and other requirements as prescribed by the care plan and a high capacity for managing stressful situations.
We thank everyone for applying, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.