Tow Truck Drivers
We are looking to recruit additional Tow Truck Drivers for our team in Wetaskiwin. We need people who are enthusiastic, hardworking and ‘get the job done’ kind of people with customer-focused attitudes.
Tony’s Towing provides a friendly, comfortable work environment. Our competitive wage & benefit package contributes to our significant long term employee retention.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Driving and operating a service, single axle Tow Truck or flat deck vehicle for loading/towing vehicles
- Respond to various calls, including basic tows, police tows, accidents & recoveries, jump starts, unlocks, and fuel deliveries.
- Interact and communicate with customers & dispatch in a courteous and respectful manner building relationships and trust.
- Connecting/attaching a vehicle to the tow truck and transporting (this may include using a chain, winch, steering locks, and other devices as well as fixing lights onto the towed vehicle.
- Securing, tarping and ensuring the safety and security of cargo.
- Write up reports of service; accept payment by cash, credit cards and on account.
- Completion of daily paperwork (trip logs, payment receipts, pre/post inspections, etc.).
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally while consistently providing our customers with professional and outstanding service
- Be able to prioritize and multi-task and remain flexible in continually changing situations
- Valid class 5 driver’s license with Air Brake Endorsement (NO GDL)
- Successfully pass a Criminal Records Check
- Min 2 years previous towing experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Mechanical knowledge would be an asset
- Must be willing to reside in Wetaskiwin, AB
- Must be able to work various shifts or on call schedules as needed.
- Regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; also required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather.
- Must be able to work in high volume traffic conditions.
CANDIDATES MUST RESIDE IN WETASKIWIN, OR BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO WETASKIWIN IMMEDIATELY.
ALL CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE A 5-YEAR COMMERCIAL DRIVING ABSTRACT AND COMPLETE A DRIVER PROFILE FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A POLICE CLEARANCE WITH VULNERABLE SECTOR CHECK COMPLETED.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES MAY BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO DRUG TESTING.
Job Type: Full-time
- How many years of Tow Truck Driver experience do you have?
- Are you in Wetaskiwin, AB?
- Do you have the following licence or certification: AB Class 5 with Air Brakes?
- Do you speak English?
Salary: $80,000.00 /year
Experience: Towing: 2 years (Preferred)
Location: Wetaskiwin, AB (Preferred)
Licence: Class 5 Drivers License with Air (Preferred)
Language: English (Required)