Welders and Related Machine Operators
WETASKIWIN, AB, CA
Requisition ID: 1049
Welders perform some or all of the following duties:
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications,
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW),
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment,
- Operate previously set up welding machines such as arc welding machines to fabricate or repair metal parts,
- Assist with the maintenance and repair of welding equipment.
- Welders may specialize in certain types of welding such as custom fabrication, pressure vessel welding, pipeline construction welding, structural construction welding, or machinery and equipment repair welding.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program
- A combination of over three years of work experience in the trade and some college or industry courses in welding is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.